New Lounger
    Thanks

Static Group Footer Location (ACCESS 2002)

Hi Everyone,
    I have an invoice report that basically is grouped by invoice number. All the invoice header data is within the group header. I have a detail section and an invoice group footer with totals. My question is that I always want the invoice totals to print in the same location of the page. The users will be using a pre-printed form. Right now it prints directly after the last detail.
    When I used the page total section it actually printed too far down the page. How can you specify exact locations to print?
    Any help greatly appreciated....
    Steve.....

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Static Group Footer Location (ACCESS 2002)

When you say page total do you mean page footer? If not click View|Page Header/Footer, in design mode. The grouping bar will be above the Report Footer but will print below it on each page. To move a field higher on the page make the blank space below in larger. It will give you less detail area.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry...Yes, I meant page footer. I've put more white space in and it did move the field where I wanted it. Thank you. However, it now prints every page instead of only on invoice number break. Is there a way to just print the page footer when a group break occurs?

Lounger
    Thanks

That was a tricky one. Try this:

Leave the field in the page footer and set the visible property to false. In the Page Footer OnFormat event, enter this code where Text1 is the name of your field. The intelisense does not work, you will have to type in the '.visible'

If Me.Page = Me.Pages Then
    Text1.Visible = True
    End If

Page is the current page number and Pages is the total. When they are equal you are on the last one.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You will need a little bit of code for this.

1. Set the text box with the invoice total to visible in the On Print event of the group header:

Private Sub GroupHeader_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
    txtInvoiceTotal.Visible = True
    End Sub

2. Hide the text box when moving to the next page.

Private Sub Report_Page()
    txtInvoiceTotal.Visible = False
    End Sub

Replace GroupHeader by the name of your group header, and txtInvoiceTotal by the name of the text box displaying invoice totals.