Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Selecting text in a form field

Hi,

We have form fields which sometimes contain large amounts of text.

Sometimes users want to cut and/or paste a small portion of the text in the form field (when the doc is protected for forms).

When the form field is in a table, it seems it's not possible to select a small portion of text- the only workaround they have is to copy the contents of the whole field into another document, and copy it back when finished.

One can select a start location, but moving the cursor results in the rest of the text from then on (or from then back) being selected.

If the form field is not within a table, it seems to behave as expected.

I can't use F8 and move my cursor; options for smart cut and paste and for selecting entire word do not appear to make a difference.

Geoff
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting text in a form field

Hi Geoff:

I don't have the answer, but it appears to be a bug. I confirmed it in Word 2000. My recollection is that this did NOT occur in Word 6 & 95. I don't have access to 97 for about a week.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting text in a form field

Phil,

Sorry, I did forget to mention that I'm on Word 2000- but I've just run a quick test on 97 and had the same problem.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.