2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Time Stamps are Incorrect (Outlook 2000 SP3)

The Regional Settings correctly indicate date, time, and Daylight Savings Time. If I send a mail to myself with an attachment, the mail will be in my in-box with the correct time. But if I save the attachment, it will have a time stamp 2 hours in the future. I'm located in the Central European time zone, GMT +1 is normal, with the summer it's GMT plus two hours. The attachment is getting the time difference twice. If I remove the check for Daylight Savings Time under the Calendar options, my system clock gets set back by one hour, affecting everything else. Is this a bug? Can I fix this? If so, how?

Thanks

Re: Time Stamps are Incorrect (Outlook 2000 SP3)

Looks like a bug in Outlook. I'm currently -800, normally -700, from GMT. It appears from my test that Outlook is dating the attachment as of the time the message was sent (or as of the time it was attached to the message, which is the same thing in my test). That would be okay, I guess, but Outlook is treating that as GMT time and is adjusting the time by -700 when it saves. Thus 4:27PM became 9:27AM. Weird.

I didn't see anything in a quick search at Microsoft on this, but maybe it's buried in there somewhere...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was afraid someone would come up with that answer. I searched all over TechNet, using data, time, time stamp, attachment, DST, anything I could think of. A Google search of news groups came up with lots of others with similar problems, but never a solution. How do I report this problem to Microsoft so that it come to the right people?
    Thanks for the help, let's hope somebody else can shed more light on this subject.

Thanks

I doubt MS will be fixing Outlook 2000, but I could be wrong. There was an e-mail address similar to mswish@... that I've seen posted in the Lounge for desired new features. But for bugs, I'm not sure. Newsgroups might be a good place to start, since MS officials hang out there.