Star Lounger
    Thanks

Making Mailing 'group' (Outlook 2000 Sp3)

Hi gang,well I just made my first e-mail"Group".Called it "My Group",selected all the contacts from my contacts list and clicked OK.
    How do I find it??? Ha,where does it reside after you've made up a Group list? I haven't a clue.?Someone Help!!!!
    tnx,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Making Mailing 'group' (Outlook 2000 Sp3)

Select Tools | Address Book. If "My Group" is not listed, select one of the other locations from the dropdown list labeled ""Display names from" (or something similar, my version is not in English). Your mailing list should be in one of those locations.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again Hans but it's no there? Maybe I didn't creat a group.I rt clicked on a contact and a menu opens saying "New" group,selected "Group" and got another window asking me to give a name for the group.Named it "MY group",selected names to put in the group, same window,after all selections made,clicked OK.
    I was in a new e-mail window when I did this,selected Toyou get your contacts list) rt click on a contact in that list and you get a menu with "New",choices are "Contact" or "Group."Thats what I did,thats all I did.Have tried to use "find"to find a file "MY group but can't find any.I have no idea but thank you again for your response,Regards,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jim,

I have Outlook 2002 and I don't see the options you mention. The only thing I can think of is: when you are composing a new e-mail, it is possible to create a one-off distribution list for that message only; it will not be stored. Perhaps that is what you did.

Maybe another Outlook 2000 user can help?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, here is what I just found out over at Microsofts Community Newgroup.From: "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> Sent: 4/26/2003 3:55:21 PM

That's what you should not use. That dialog only exists in the Windows
    Address Book, not the Outlook Address Book. That means you must be using
    "IMO" mode of Outlook, a temporary version of Outlook that was unable to
    support the Outlook Address Book and borrowed the Windows Address Book
    instead. That's why Groups don't work. They are not native to Outlook, just
    the WAB.
    Instead, create Distribution Lists in the Contacts Folder. They leave a lot
    to be desired, but at least they will persist from one session to the next.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

So as you say and they say,create a group from the distribution list in the Contacts window.I'll attempt that and see what happens.
    I know nothing about an "IMO" version of Outlook 2000.I know nothing about the Windows address book verses my contacts in Outlook.I know I don't have a Temporary version fo OL2000,anyway thanks, again Hans, I think we are on the rt track,