Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange-acting EMail Hyperlinks (OE6)

I'm shooting a problem for a friend. Whenever someone would send him an email that had another email address in the text (hyperlink), he would click on that address, and it would put in the "to" box of a new message window - as it should.

However, now when he does that, he gets an error message, and then the screen fills up with about 25-30 empty windows. He has to "x" out of them. The error message says something like, "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed."

NAV: Definitions up-to-date.
    Last scan (Friday) did not detect any viruses.
    No known programs installed just before problem occurred.
    No known program uninstalled just before problem occurred.
    He says he did not delete any files.

I've thought about having him try to reinstall OE using Add/Remove Programs but I was wondering if anyone smarter than me would have any other suggestions or ideas.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange-acting EMail Hyperlinks (OE6)

MAYBE?
    The message "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" means

Internet Explorer is trying to open a mail client that no longer exists or is incorrectly configured.

In Internet Explorer click on ToolsInternet OptionsPrograms and make sure that Outlook Express is the default E-Mail program