3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

controls on form (Access 2000)

I would like to know if there is a limit on the number of controls that I can place on a single form.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: controls on form (Access 2000)

Yes, there is: you can create a maximum of 754 controls on a form or report during its lifetime. So once you have created 754 controls, it doesn't help to delete a few of them; you won't be able to create new ones any more. In that case, it is better to create a new form and copy the controls you need from the old form to the new one.

A way to get around the limit is to use subforms.

(Note: you can find the limit in the online help if you type Specifications in the Answer Wizard)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

In A97 and A2000 it's 754 controls to a form or report.
    You can see these limits in the help under Specifications - Microsoft Access.

Pat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Just to add to what Hans and Pat have told you, controls include any graphics, lines, boxes, etc., as well as data controls. Access keeps track of the controls you have added to the form or report without considering any you may have removed. There are also limits to the physical size of the form or report. I've run into the number of controls limit when creating a form with lines to simulate a printed form and had to use subforms to solve the problem.
    Charlotte