2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exceptions to Recurring Meeting Notice (2000)

What does this message mean?

"Any exceptions associated with this recurring appointment will be lost. If any of the exceptions are meetings the attendees will not be notified. Is this ok?"

I have a recurring meeting notice for every Friday. I'm modifying it to occur every other Friday. This message appears when I close the meeting notice. July 4th is a Friday so that meeting got moved to July 3rd. (moved that single occurance to July 3)

The attendees will not be notified of what?

Sarah

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exceptions to Recurring Meeting Notice (2000)

Thanks Hans, now I understand better.

Sarah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exceptions to Recurring Meeting Notice (2000)

When you have a recurring appointment, you can delete or modify individual appointments within the sequence. These are called exceptions. In your example, you moved an appointment from July 4th to July 3rd, so it counts as an exception.
    Now when you change the recurrence pattern, Outlook must generate the sequence of appointments anew. It is not smart enough to be able to handle the exceptions - it simply doesn't know how to fit them into the new pattern, so it dumps them.

Outllook allows you to plan meetings; you invite others by e-mail to attend. Normally, if you modify a meeting, Outlook will ask if you want to notify the people you invited to attend of the modification. If you had changed one of the appointments in the sequence into a meeting, Outlook wouldn't be able to notify the attendees if you changed the recurrence pattern.