New Lounger
    Thanks

requery a combo within a subform in a tabbed form (2000)

I have a database with a main form named "SUBS", a tab control named "TabCtl46" and a subform "SUBS_INVENTORY"

problem - if i Dclick on a combobox "combo18" it opens Supplier Form, how do reference the combobox so i can requery it before going back to the form so the data i changed in the supplier form is automatically updated.

e.g. code to reference a text box on the main form would be
    Forms!subs.Form!ControlName = testvalue

but where do i add the code for the tabbed control and then the subform, have tried just referencing the subform and it doesn't work

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: requery a combo within a subform in a tabbed form (2000)

You must *not* include tab controls when referring to a control, but you *do* need to include the subform if the control is on the subform. If Combo18 is on the subform Subs_Inventory on the form Subs, you can use

Forms!Subs!Subs_Inventory.Form!Combo18

Note: you must use the name of the subform as a control on the main form - click on the subform within the main form in design view; the Controls dropdown list in the toolbar and the Properties window will show this name. The control name is not necessarily the same as the name of the subform in the database window.

See Forms: Refer to Form and Subform properties and controls on the Access Web for a comprehensive overview of referring to forms, subforms and controls.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: requery a combo within a subform in a tabbed form (2000)

spot on answer - and only took the time it take to make a brew - amazing

thanks again HansV