Lounger
    Thanks

Graphics in tables (Word 97)

Is it possible to include an image in a table cell in Word 97, and then copy the cell so that the image appears in the right place everywhere? How do I achieve that?

What I want is to produce a page of labels with my association's logo and individual member addresses. A colleague of mine seems to have achieved this at home, but she e-mailed it to me and all the logos had piled up on the left margin and left their cells. It's got to be Word 97 for compatibility issues.

MTIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graphics in tables (Word 97)

The images in the document you got were probably floating; floating images have a nasty habit of ending up somewhere you don't want them.
    Try making one of the images non-floating (click the image, select Format | Picture..., Position tab), then cut and paste it into a cell. Since the image is non-floating, you'll have to use paragraph formatting, tabs etc. to position the image in the cell. When you've got it right, copy and paste to the other cells.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans, I had "floating" confused with a different setting - it all comes from reading Woody but using a different language version, plus not knowing much about graphics in the first place (but I'm learning - the hard way!).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have a look at This Thread . After those posts I got it working beautifully in Word2000, but I recently tried it in Word 97 and it was hopeless. I'm am not sure that using a Table for what you want to do is better than using Envelopes and Labels, perhaps one of the Word experts can advise.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I did a similar thing with name badges to a conference I was organising. I did a mail merge using the catalog in section 1 of the Mail Merge Helper. It took a bit of mucking about with the formatting of the document but once it was set up, I used a spreadsheet to update the members. The benefits were that I didn't have to faff about with tables etc.

Just an idea that worked for me.
    Jerry