3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

popup a listbox control (WindowsMe/Access2002)

How can I make a listbox popup in front of another control and, after a selection is made, have it disappear. I tried defining it over the other control as invisible, then making it visible. It appeared behind the existing control.

Thank you for your time, John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: popup a listbox control (WindowsMe/Access2002)

A list box is a rather special control. It will display in front of other controls (label, text box, check box, radio button, command button, ...), but not in front of another list box if that was already visible. So I suspect the your "other control" is a list box too. The only workaround I can think of is to make that list box temporarily invisible. Or display the list box in a popup form.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

One alternative I can think of is to put the controls in question on separate pages of a tab control size to hold just the controls involved, set the Style property to None, so you don't have visible tabs, and set the value of the tab control through code to show the appropriate page. Would that work for you?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I have just completed doing what HansV suggested (single control listbox in a simple popup form). Charlotte's tab suggestion sounds so different that I'm going to try doing that just to see if I can.

Thanks again, John