Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Module Problem 2000 to 97 (Excel 97)

The code on the site you provide a link to uses the AddrOf function. This function is not available in Office 97 VBA dialects.

You can download a workbook Callbacks.xls from http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/...p?ItemID=19#19. This contains a module basAddrOf with an Office 97 version of AddrOf. You can copy this to the Excel 97 version of your workbook.

Note: be very careful. The AddrOf function is a little tricky. In fact, I wonder whether using the techniques from the link you provided (involving subclassing) isn't overkill for your situation, but then, I don't know your application.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Module Problem 2000 to 97 (Excel 97)

(Edited by HansV to make URL live - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

I have built a nice employee time tracking device in Excel 2000. It is pretty self explanatory ("IN" time, "OUT" time, total time, etc). What I am having problems with is the VB code that is behind the "OUT" time. In essence, once an "OUT" time is entered, the ms error message box is overwritten to ask what type of break the person took (No Lunch, 1/2 hour, 1 hour) and takes the response and implements it into the Total hours calculation. Works great in 2000, but the users are getting problems in 97. i don't have 97 and can't seem to trouble shoot it. Could some guru with 97 have a look at this and see what exactly I am missing in 97. The code is a manipulation of Ken Getz's brilliance by Stratos. Which can be viewed at the following: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&...v.warwick.ac.uk

If anyone is interested in helping please let me know. The file is over 100K (678K zipped) so I can't attach it, but could send it to you.

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>AddrOf function<hr>
    You meant to say Addressof of course.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Jan Karel,

Yes, AddressOf is the "new" built-in function in Office 2000; AddrOf is the name of the equivalent emulation function for Office 97 by Ken Getz. The code in the link provided by JFGambit uses AddrOf.