New Lounger
    Thanks

summary of table differences, 97 --> XP?? (XP)

Does anyone know of an online reference that summarizes the differences in working with tables in 97 and XP? I've searched but don't find anything specific enough.

I'm editing tables in XP in files that were developed in 97. I have the features disabled that were introduced after 97. So far, XP doesn't want to let me
    --retain text that was vertical in 97. Surely there is a way to keep vertical text in XP if I have to stay backward compatible for people still running 97?
    --cut text from several cells in a table I had in 97 and paste it into the same number of cells in a new table.
    --Select a column and use the Format | Borders and Shading to change a border to a double line. (Do I have to do this by selecting the double line from the Tables and Borders menu and using the little pencil?)

Thank you,
    May

Thanks

Re: summary of table differences, 97 --> XP?? (XP)

I don't have XP, but for reference, I'm attaching what Word 2000's online help says are the new and different table features in 2000 vs. 97.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: summary of table differences, 97 --> XP?? (XP)

Thank you. The online help says that I should be able to do some of the things that wouldn't work for me yesterday -- that is a relief. With all of the "it should work" that I'm facing, we are thinking that it is my computer that just isn't happy.

May