3 Star Lounger

Converting Legal to Letter easily? (Publisher 2000)

I have a user who regularly creates a calendar on legal-sized paper. She then has to change the size of the printout to letter-sized paper, and is wondering if there is any easy way to do this in Publisher. She has been doing this manually (resizing all objects on the calendar up until now), but I have found an option under our printer properties which will Scale to Fit a legal document to a letter document. However, she says that it prints off TOO small (on letter) when we try this option. Apparently she HAS to print the document out in both formats, so having her settle on one or the other is not an option, unfortunately. Do any of you Publisher gurus have a better idea than the printer properties.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Re: Converting Legal to Letter easily? (Publisher 2000)

Hi Satiria,

Using Publisher to produce a calendar seems overkill, but mine not to reason why.....

Have you thought of formatting it so that it's width and height both suit the narrower and shorter of the two output formats. Then you may only need to change the margins to get the desired results. Alternatively, if the calendar is in a table form, you could put it into an embedded Excel spreadsheet - which you could then resize as a unit. Font aspect ratios would change, but that might be acceptable if they're kept within reasonable limits.

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]