5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print spooler? (SP-1)

I have a user who gets a bogus header when she prints her Eudora 5.2 e-mail. This line "kija@hdm.com, 6:13 PM 2/10/03 -0500, Re: Meeting" appears at the top of the page. It is a valid From and Subject from an old e-mail. It also appears when she prints from a Web page (IE 6). It looks like some trash has remained in Windows' print spooler, except that Word 2000 prints fine. How can she get rid of it?

A second, possibly related, problem is that the printout looks slightly different when using the Print icon and the menu command File/Print. The printer is a networked HP4050N with a Jet Direct connection. When she prints from the icon (Eudora or IE) the bottom of the page has a footer with a path like:
    file://Cocuments & SettingsMaryUser...
    When she uses File/Print the footer reads:
    Printed for Mary User <muser@abc.com>
    which is her e-mail address. In addition, there is a header which shows the sender's name, time and date, and subject.
    How come these print methods produce differerent results?
    Thanks for the help.
    Howard

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print spooler? (SP-1)

Does she have the same problem printing to another network printer? If this is happening to this user only, have her log in to another networked PC and try printing to the same networked printer. If the result is giving the same problem, I would think her user profile may be corrupted on the network (issue a new login profile?). If she is successful in printing to the same printer using another PC, then try reinstalling the networked printer on her machine (or maybe her PC may need to be re-imaged). My point is this: try to diagnose if this is a user profile issue or hardware issue. Hope this helps.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll connect her to another printer next week, when I visit site.
    Any comments on the File/Print vs. Print icon difference? The same thing happens on my PC.

Lounger
    Thanks

I'm thinking of that one. I can't think of any yet. I have a lack of XP experience. If I come up with something I'll let you know. Good luck.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, we're making progress. She prints fine to another network printer. When I visit the site next week I'll reinstall the first printer driver on her PC.
    Howard

Lounger
    Thanks

Remember to test and make sure that other people can print to that printer without a problem. If they do have a problem, you may have to reinstall the printer from the server (just a thought). I havent found any clues to the icon issue.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Already did that. She was the only user with the printing problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finally got to the user's site and reinstalled the printer driver. That fixed the problem. I can only surmise that the old driver got corrupted by the e-mail whose header was appearing on the other e-mail printouts.
    Thanks for your help.
    Howard