2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Task calendar vs Resource calendar (2000)

Hi,
    I have different calendar for different tasks. Ex.: Travel tasks have a 7-days-of work calendar, In-the-field tasks have a 5-days of work calendar, In-country tasks have a 5-days of work calendar different than when In-the-field. I assign my different calendars to tasks and it works fine.

I get a problem when I assign resources. A resource can work in-Canada, travel to go in-the-field, then perform work in-the-field and travel back, all being different sub-tasks. It seems that MSProject is using the resource's calendar to calculate the duration. I want to use the calendar assigned to a task to calculate the duration all the time. How?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Task calendar vs Resource calendar (2000)

Having calendars assigned to a task and then assigning resources with a calendar to a task gets a little tricky. When project encounters both calendars, project schedules assignments based on the intersecting work times of both calendars. If there are not intersecting work times, project uses the task calendar (I think..) or will provide you with an error message (alert) and ask you to correct it.

To ignore the resource calendar when scheduling the project, double click the task to see the Task Information box. Click on the Advanced Tab. Place a checkmark in the checkbox for Scheduling Ignores Resource Calendars.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)