New Lounger
    Thanks

CURRENT WWW (XPP)

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET A COPY OF THE CURRENT WOODY'S WINDOWS WATCH, THE ONE WHERE HE DISCUSSES THE CUMULATIVE IE PATCH SLOWING DOWN THE COMPUTER. i CAN'T FIND IT IN THE ARCHIVES AND I DELETED IT IN ERROR.
    MUCH APPRECIATION FOR THE HELP

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CURRENT WWW (XPP)

The problem patch has number 811493. You should be able to remove it through Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. If you do a search for 811493, you will find several threads dealing with it.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CURRENT WWW (XPP)

The current WWXPW comes up on a google for it. I think that pressure on them the last year coupled with the finders of the flaws' frequently willing to go public faster than MS wants is causing them to release patches faster with less testing than previously--or possibly (and much has been written on this)--the more patches, the more problems inherent because of the number of patches themselves.

When XP SP1 came out September 9, 2002, among its fixes was a security flaw in a "PC Health" file that could allow a single visit to the wrong web page to wipe out your hard drive if you were unlucky enough, and MS kept this info under wraps for eleven weeks with over 25 million people using legitimate copies of Win XP Home and Pro at the time of its release before Tech TV leaked the file on national TV with 30 million viewers and posted its name.

SMBP