5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorting a single row left to right (Access 2000 Win 2000 SR-1)

Any idea how this might be done? Excel gives this option but it may not make sense for the kind of data structure Access uses. I have been trying to get the output data to sort in .ASP from ACCESS but haven't had much luck there so though perhaps I could get the data sorted in a query right off-the-bat.

Here's the overall problem/goal:

I have a large table from which I extract a range of information in a query and run a sum across the data to get a single row of summed information (a query). I then want to pull that out of the table via .ASP/ADO and use the data to support Graphics Server charts on-the-fly. Currently I can get a chart but it isn't in any order. Graphics Server is a COM add-in that allows you to map data points to various boilerplate charts and generally it's expected that you know the number of data points, the name of the data fields and the values for the fields. I have tried to implement a 'bubble sort' on the row information in ASP/VBScript but, it seems, the algorithm I am using works down a column, not across a singe recordset. I can pull the recordset information out and do things like create a nifty table. A nifty, UNSORTED table. and, my brain is getting a little soft after pounding away on this for hours.

any suggestions? Is this more of an .ASP/VBScript solution?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sorting a single row left to right (Access 2000 Win 2000 SR-1)

This post is about the same subject as <post#=249258>post 249258</post#> in the Web Design, Coding and Scripting forum. To avoid duplication, further discussion there, please. This thread has been locked.