New Lounger
    Thanks

Monitor or Power issue?

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me with this one problem I have been having. I have a user that has a new machine. The problem is that when she powers up her computer, the monitor does not display anything, but I can hear the pc running. She thens shuts the computer off doing a cold boot, waits for a minute and then when she powers up the pc, the monitor displays all the information. I gave her a new monitor thinking it is a bad monitor? can some help with this problem?

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Monitor or Power issue?

Check your Video Card. Sounds like a Video Card Problem to me. Make sure it is seated good in its slot, and see if you have the latest Drivers for that Card. Try a different Video Card if that doesn't work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Monitor or Power issue?

In addition to what Cowboy said, you ought to check the monitor's cable AT the computer end to make sure it's TIGHTLY seated and screwed down well. I was just recently installing XP on a computer and had a similar problem, only to find out that by "wiggling" the VGA cable in a tightening motion, brought the video to life.