Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Add email client

We read with interest a recent item about how easy it can be to send Access objects via email. The article describes how one can click on File > Send To > Mail Recipient (As Attachment), and thus automatically launch the default email client. So I tried this procedure and found that it tries to launch Outlook, which is not our default email client.

Our organization uses Lotus Notes to handle our email. Lotus Notes does not appear in the line-up under Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs Tab (Email). I see Outlook, OE, Hotmail and Netscape Messenger. I do not see any way to add Lotus Notes to the line-up. How can I add LN? And, even if I can add LN, what's the likelihood that LN will work with Office applications in the manner described above?

Thanks

Re: Add email client

Check <post#=131345>post 131345</post#> - not sure if it worked as Cecil never replied, or look at this article (I have no experience with it though).

failing that, a search for "url:mailto" throughout the entire Lounge may yield more ideas.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a heap, Leif! I've printed out those items, and I'll share them with my IT expert. (I'm not ready to try either of them without some adult supervision!)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Lucas, I learned to hate Lotus Notes in regards to interoperability. It just doesn't play nice with Office applications. Microsoft did release a little utility that would allow Outlook to read Lotus data stores, though - it was/is a kludge but it does work. I believe the "SendTo" will not work with Lotus Notes because of the way it's designed; it doesn't create a new document but instead a new database record in an NSF file. Hopefully Leif's links will help you get somewhere with it.
    -Mark

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hm-m-m...I had a feeling someone was going to say something like this, about how LN "does not play well with others." My IT guy is out of the loop for a coupla days, but my hunch is that any effort we expend on this project will come to naught. Thanks for the input.