2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ruler autohiding (XP)

HI I am a Trainer and I got an interesting question today about the ruler. The question is why does my ruler automatically hide on me when i bring my mouse over it?

Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ruler autohiding (XP)

I haven't seen that behavior.

If the ruler is displayed (View | Ruler is checked), moving the mouse over it won't hide it.

If the ruler is not displayed (View | Ruler is not checked), you can bring it into view temporarily by hovering the mouse pointer over the narrow gray area immediately below the toolbars; it will stay displayed as long as the mouse is over the ruler, but it will be hidden again once you move the mouse away from the ruler. This is handy if you don't want to display the ruler permanently to save screen real estate. You can still set tabs, move margins etc. by displaying the ruler temporarily.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chona:
    I don't have Word 2002, but assuming it's the same as Word 2000. Toggle the ruler display off on the View menu, and check the box Tools | Options| General tab |

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Phil!
    That was the answer. A cookie for you [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]