Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

RealOne Playlists

I know that many people don't care for the product, but I use it occasionally without problem. Does anyone know the filename where one's playlists are stored, or better yet, how to EXPORT a playlist so it could be used on another computer without all the work of creating the list a second time? I have a laptop with the same directory structure where music files are stored.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RealOne Playlists

Al see link:

How Do I Export Playlists in Real One Player?

So you could export to the place of your choice and then burn to a CD or you could use something like PC Relocator if you were transfering all your files from one computer to another.

SMBP

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I should've said in my original post - been there, done that but it doesn't work. I have what I believe to be the latest version, but from the very beginning, that Help page talks about clicking Tools and then Playlists. There is no Playlists in the Tools menu but there is a toolbar that has Playlists on it, so I tried to improvise. If anyone else can get it to work, I'd love to swap step-by-step notes with you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Uh Oh, I found the answer to my own question! I went back to the Real empire, looking for a place to send them a question. I discovered that there are TWO subsequent links for how to export playlists. My earlier reaction was to go to the first one, which is evidently what SMBP did also. It's the INCORRECT one whose instructions do not work. This time I went to the second choice and, as shown in the attachment, the instructions are different AND they work.

For the benefit of those who may follow, here is the link to the correct instructions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

And the problem continues. I hope a sympathetic Lounger will help me out here. Continuing from the last post - after exporting the playlist to a file that has an .RMP suffix (Real Metadata Package), I renamed the playlist so I could make sure the exported file would, in fact be importable. Lo and behold, there doesn't seem to be an Import command, but File, Open on the RMP file does create the playlist quite well. And it works as it should.

However, if I now go to to my LAPTOP which has the exact same directory structure and open that file, an EMPTY playlist gets created! Can anyone help?

Thanks

Is the .rmp readable in any way, i.e. with Notepad?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes sir. I'm attaching a copy that I've renamed from RMP to TXT and it's just a lil' ol' script file. I did notice last night when I was looking at it that there's a reference in the file to "Local" and figured that may have something to do with the problem. But, I can't see any way when the file gets created to make it anything else.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Al:
    I saved some Real Player playlists before. However, they all have a .ram extension. When I open them in a text editor, all I see are urls. See the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Here I am, answering my own post again! I know it's Sunday, but from the lack of response, I guess I'm one of a huge minority who is willing to use RealOne Player..... I stumbled on the answer to this one and thought I'd close the loop. Even though I had done a scan of the hard drive after installing RealOne and thusly created the My Library of available media, I did the scan AGAIN and guess what? The playlist I created now DOES show the files as it should. So, it looks like the procedure is: 1) Export your playlist to a file; 2) Open that file on another machine; 3) Do a hard drive scan on that machine to re-identify all media files. Keep in mind that the directory structure must be the same on both machines.