Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook icon in system tray (Outlook 2002 Orig. Rel.)

I have set up a new computer with Windows XP Pro, and Office XP PRo. All was well for first few weeks. Then whenever I started Outlook an Outlook icon would appear in the system tray. Outlook still worked properly but I could also start multiple occasions of Outlook each with its own icon in the tray. However if I forget to close all those icons I am unable to get email from another location using webmail because Outlook at home has downloaded all the mail. Has anyone ever seen this and does anyone know how to remedy it.
    I am including an attachment showing the icons.

Thanks,
    apapkin

Thanks

Re: Outlook icon in system tray (Outlook 2002 Orig. Rel.)

Are you saying you are deliberately starting multiple instances of Outlook, or they are (mysteriously) appearing on their own?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook icon in system tray (Outlook 2002 Orig. Rel.)

Leif:
    ILeif:
    am able to start multiples. Normally that would not happen. It only started when that sysytem tray icon started appearing. If I go to another application from Outlook the Outlook window closes (not minimizes) as if Outlook were closed. However the Outlook icon in the system tray is still there and Outlook is still actively downloading any email.
    Very strange.

apapkin