New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Office on w2k Terminal Server (w2k sp3)

We're still using Access 97, but the rest of the apps are Office XP. On the workstations, we just load Access 97 first, then load OXP, and it gives us the opportunity to NOT remove the older app. However, thru Add/Remove, on our terminal server, it just deletes access.

Anyone have an idea? Does setup.exe have switches?

TIA.

Ray

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Office on w2k Terminal Server (w2k sp3)

If Office XP installation does not disturb Access97 installation (check it), simply export the registry key HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstalle rAccess... before OfficeXP installation and restore it after the installation.

But it is possible that uninstalling Access97 you can damage OfficeXP installation (I never did it, so I am not sure) - that's why the registry key was removed.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It looks like Office XP is deleting Access 97. I even installed XP into a different folder.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you do a default installation, it will always remove an earlier version application. If you use a custom install, you should be able to specify. Is the custom option not available on your terminal server?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

I do the custom install. The way we've been doing without TS is to install Access97 only, then OXP, unchecking Access, and choosing custom for each app. In non-TS, we get a screen asking us what we want to do with Access, and we just uncheck the box to uninstall. That option doesn't show up in TS, or maybe it doesn't show up when installing thru Add/Remove. I haven't had a chance to try installing it different ways.