Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access #Error (2000 SR-1)

I have a couple of sub-reports that occasionally contain no records, so when Access tries to do a calculation in the master report, I get an #Error message. So this may sound like a dumb question, but is there a way to do an if statement where if the calculation results in an #Error, it will replace it with a ""0" (zero). If that can't be done, how do I get a phantom record to show up in the query, so the report calculations don't come up as #Error. And no, default values don't do me any good since there isn't a record to apply the default values to.

I

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access #Error (2000 SR-1)

In the last couple of weeks Hans came up with a nifty idea to overcome this problem.
    I cannot remember what it was, but it had something to do with the OnNoData event and enabling a making visible a hidden control that had been set to zero.
    If Hans is around I'm sure he will fill you in.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can use the HasData property of a (sub)report to test if is is non-empty. See <!mskb=208718>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 208718<!/mskb> for an example of how to use it.

In the thread starting at <post#=248512>post 248512</post#>, Tom Bushaw and I came up with different methods to display something in a report even if there are no data (this is the thread Patt mentioned).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much Hans, I'll give both solutions a try.