3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New file dialog tab text limit (Excel 2000/Sr1)

See the attachement. I have long folder names for custom templates that resided in the Microsoft template area and when I go to the Excel menu item "New" the folder names for the custom templates are displayed but they are limited to 25 characters. Is there a way to override this size limit?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New file dialog tab text limit (Excel 2000/Sr1)

You can change the column widths in Detail view the same way you can change them in detail view in Windows Explorer, and in Excel itself: hover the mouse over the right edge of a column header, then drag the edge to the right (or left)

In List view, you should be able to see the entire name.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks but I am referring to the length of text that appears on the dialog's tabs, not the names of tghe files that are in the folder. Look again at my initial posting and see the screen shot and look at some of the tab names and notice they have been cut off. Thanks again.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I misread your question. I don't think you can change the widths of the tabs, so you must either use shorter folder names, or put an identifying part of the folder name at the beginning of the name. Let's hope for you that I'm wrong - perhaps somebody else has a solution.