Thread: Task Scheduler

Lounger
    Thanks

Task Scheduler

Task scheduler does not work. I haven't a clue why not. All the applications will run manually but none run on schedule. No error messages no known conflicts, they just don't run. Microsoft is no help - I've used up my two web repsonse incidents.

All tasks show as missed. I went through that routine of scheduling tasks to run two minutes from now but they just sit there as the clock ticks on by.

Any clues?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Task Scheduler

Have you tried turning off all other programs in Windows and seeing if Task scheduler will run? I'm thinking that another program is running that is causing prescheduled programs in Task scheduler to skip running.

When you press ctrl-alt-del the close program box comes up. Have only Explorer, and the task scheduling program running (Eg. close all other programs). You may want systray running too. Not sure though.

Good luck.

askrich

Does it open application? For example, it should open MSBackup, but then the application needs user intervention to start. I just found a shareware fix called Backup Scheduler 98, available at http://www.cibeo.com/software_store/backup..._98/default.htm
    (This is the most common complaint my clients have re backup and scheduler) Hope this can help you.

Lounger
    Thanks

Appreciate the try but "no" it doesn't even try to open an application. I never did use it for backup but I can set it to run any of the standard tools two minutes from now and watch while the time goes by and nothing happens. I've just disabled the damn thing and run the required tasks manually at my convenience. We'll see if MS can get this thing right in XP.