Star Lounger
    Thanks

Advanced Find (XP)

When you check Search Subfolders the subfolders aren't all checked and the search is only perfomed on the one you did check. How can you search every folder under Outlook Today without manually checking each folder?

Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Advanced Find (XP)

In OL 2000 the "Advanced Find | Browse | Select Folders" dialog box has a "Search Subfolders" check box. XP doesn't?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sure it does, but when I check it, it doesn't check all the subfolders. I had the same problem with OL98 and hope that XP would fix it. It hasn't. Maybe there is some setting that was migrated when I copied settings for 98 to XP??

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

My installation examines all subfolders if the all subfolders box is checked even when I selectively check only certain of the target folders subfolders. I can't find any mention about this problem in the MSKB.

Just a note: I assume you know that Advanced Find subfolders feature works only on the folders under each top level Folder, for instance if you are on Exchange and you specify Outlook Today, it won't look at folders in Personal Folders .pst file.
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, I did not know that. I just ran a test search from "Personal Folders" on items two levels down, checking on Check Subfolders. The boxes don't check and it still says "Searching in 1 folder", BUT it did find the items. Is this the behavior you mean. I don't use Exchange, but I did have my OL98 set up in CW mode. Anyway, if it works I don't care if the folder boxes are checked or not.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

In your case it sounds like you have two PST's; one for your default folders, one for your created folders. The Advanced Find facility won't cover the two in one search. (You can determine your PST situtaion in XP by looking in File, File Management, Oultook Files, or something similar - at work I can only access OL 2000.)

But if it works the way you want subject to this limitation, sounds like we have a solution.
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, I know exactly where and what my .pst is and I only have one. It is the same .pst that I used in 98. The XP transfer settings tool brought it over, but I updated it by copying the old .pst from my old computer to this one. As you say, it ain't perfect and works, it still works.....

Cherio and THANKS, John.