Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

frame - lock anchor & it keeps moving (w97 sr2b)

hi - I have a frame inserted into my template.
    The frames properties is set to 'Lock Anchor' & is positioned on the bottom left hand side of the page. Size = Width = exactly 7.39cm ^& Height = 4.06 , Text wrapping = Around.
    However when a user copies & pastes texts into the document along side the right hand side of the frame, the frame is repositioned on the 2nd page in the correct location its supposed to be however just on the 2nd page.
    Is there anyway to 'bolt' a frame in place, or should I be using another means to fix the text in place?

many thanks Diana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: frame - lock anchor & it keeps moving (w97 sr2b)

A frame is always anchored to a paragraph. Locking the anchor means that the anchor can't be moved to another paragraph. The frame and its anchor must be on the same page, so if the paragraph gets moved to another page because text has been inserted above it, the frame follows it.

If you want the frame to stay on the first page, you should anchor it to a paragraph in the page header or footer, and set First Page Different in the layout tab of File | Page Setup.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: frame - lock anchor & it keeps moving (w97 sr2b)

Hi Hans -
    yes thats what was happening my frame was being moved onto the 2nd page at a certain point (paragraph) - I've placed the anchored paragraph in the footer of the 1st page & we'll see how it goes.
    many thanks for your help..Diana