Lounger
    Thanks

Java Problem (IE6)

I loaded IE6 a few months ago and everything was working fine except recently I have noticed that any java scripts dont run. I cant think of anything that I have changed and I have checked through the options to ensure java is enable but it doesnt appear to work. For example I visited ford.com.au and clicked on the showroom to look at a car, the status of the browser change to done but the screen did not change. I retried the link but selected open in new window and got the following in the address bar: "java scriptpenFalcon();" but got the page cannot be displayed error saying there was a DNS error or cannot find server. I am not sure of what other information anyone would require to help me work out this problem so if you can help please suggest what other info you need.
    Regards, AB.

Thanks

Re: Java Problem (IE6)

Hi, AB ~

The 'Virtual Showroom' link opens 'Virtual_Showroom.asp' so I am assuming you meant the 'New Falcon is here' link since that is the one that is the 'java scriptpenFalcon();' page.

If you received a DNS error, it seems to be up now....try it again.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Java is NOT JavaScript. Yeah, I know, they look real similar. But, a Molotov Cocktail is NOT something you want to drink either...

If JavaScript is not working, then you need to make sure you have Active Scripting enabled in the zone in question. See this thread for details...

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Bruce.

I got to the same link a different way but it is the correct script. It still doesnt work for me and I know the site is ok because a friend can get there fine. In fact when I tried to login and reply to your repsonse (I clicked the link in an email to view it originally) I could not log in because the button appears to work off a script, so I manually logged into the lounge and then selected this thread to reply.

Any other ideas?

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks R2 - thats the extent of my knowledge!

I checked my settings as per that thread but it was already set how it suggested. Any other suggestions please?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

When the window pops up and displays the error message, try pressing F5 to refresh it and see what happens. You might also want to empty the browser cache.
    -Mark