New Lounger
    Thanks

Removing Macro (Office 97)

hi everyone!
    why is it that when i remove all macro via the Tools/Macro/Macros and save the file, when i open it again, the message ...The workbook you are opening contains macro........ still there? My e-mail system doesn't allow macros, so i need to disable them completely.

any ideas? rgds.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing Macro (Office 97)

You must also delete the module(s) that contained the macros.

Go to the Visual Basic editor (Alt-F11). On the left you should have the project explorer (if not, select it from the View menu).

Find the workbook's project from the list displayed, expand it and expand the item called Modules. Delete all items below that by rightclicking them and choosing Remove.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

New Lounger
    Thanks

thank you a lot, sir. it works like wonder. i did go there before but did not know what to look for!

now, i need to go check any posting that i could help. i doubt it, but hopefully, as my returning the favour. regards.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Some email systems I send files to don't allow EXE files (for obvous reasons).
    When I need to send one (e.g. a self-extracting zip file) I just change the file extension before attaching and ask the recipient to change it back after saving.
    Works a treat.
    Have you tried sending an Excel file with macros with a different extension? e.g ".XLX" ?