Star Lounger
    Thanks

Selecting a Criteria (2000)

I have a report that runs from a query and it prompts you to enter a Location value, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me if I can populate that and turn it into a dropdown or combo box so you can just select the location.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting a Criteria (2000)

You need to create a form for that.
    Put an unbound combo box on the form, let's call it cbxLocation.
    If you have a separate table containing a list of all locations, you can use that table, or a query based on it, as Row Source of the combo box.
    If you want to list all locations occurring in a table (which may contain duplicates), set the Row Source to SELECT DISTINCT [Location] FROM [tblSomething] (with the appropriate field name and table name substituted, of course.)
    You will probably want to put a command button on the form that opens the report.
    Save the form, let's say you name it frmSelect.
    Open the query in design view, and replace the parameter (probably something like [Enter Location] now) by a reference to the combo box: [Forms]![frmSelect]![cbxLocation], again with the names you actually used. Check carefully that the reference is spelled correctly.
    If you open the report from the form, it will use the location selected in the combo box. If you open the report by itself, while the form is not open, you will get prompted for a parameter.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

The only way to handle that situation is to create a form that has a combobox on it with your Locations. The report would then be opened from the form. The query would reference the combobox on the form for its criteria value, in place of the [Enter the Location] prompt you are probably currently using.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for the input, I will start working on it now.

Trent