2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WIN 98 FTP -- How to Enable Anonymous Login

Edited by WyllyWylly to modify subject for clarity.

I want to be able to set up a WIN 98 pc as an FTP server. I have installed FTP server software (BlueZone FTP), configured it, and the connection appears to be working. However when I try to send a file to the PC (from an AS/400) I get an error indicating that the connection could not be established. I went into IE and added the AS/400's as trusted sites in the INTRANET zone, and enabled file downloading. I'm wondering if there are some settings in IE that I missed? Or is there something else missing here?

I was able to use a dos prompt and manually 'GET' the file, so that tells me there is something in Win98 or IE that is preventing anonymous FTP to the pc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jerry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WIN 98 FTP -- How to Enable Anonymous Login

I'm not familiar with the software you're using to accomplish the FTP services, but it may be a function of that particular application. Have you checked its help files for information on anonymous access? It's kind of murky since you can't really configure user accounts in Win9x. If the box is stricly for FTP use, you could try logging into Windows as user "Anonymous" with no password....a thought anyway, it certainly bears investigating.

Do you have the Personal Web Server installed on this machine?
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have the personal web server installed on the machine. Would that allow FTP services? I guess I can install it and try it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did install personal web server, but for some reason it didn't want to work. I'm not sure how to check if FTP is allowed with the application. What I want to do is be able to allow files to be sent via FTP to the pc.