2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wolfenstein on Win98

Howdy,
    Now I'm trying to run Wolfenstein an old DOS based game but get an error. This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I'm going to the command prompt from the start menu, changing directories to wolf3d and entering wolf3d.exe ... the game screen pops up and the the illegal operation pops up and takes me back to windows... How I long for dosshell!!! Any ideas on this one??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wolfenstein on Win98

How 'bout right-clicking on the EXE and check its properties? Might take some trial and error, but sometimes DOS programs and Windows don't play well together because of memory, in which case you could experiment by turning off XMS or whatever. Also, just for the heck of it, you might try BOOTING to "true" DOS with a Win98 boot floppy and then execute the program. Here again, you might have to experiment with and without HIMEM and whatever.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wolfenstein on Win98

I ran into a similar problem with my old Zork game. The first graphical Zork. It ended up I had to put it on a partition formated with fat16 and boot from a dos boot disk that loaded all the drivers for sound, memory, cdrom, ect. It works fine now but that was a lot of trouble.