Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Duplicate documents folder (XP)

Obviously, I messed up something when installed my new XP system with Office XP. I have the expected My Documents folder under the Cocuments and Settings{user name} path. However, I also have ANOTHER folder in the C: main path that has my name on it and Documents -- as in Kevin R. Weaver's Documents. In that folder is a mirror image of the My Documents folder. Everything I save in the My Documents is also saved in this other folder. If I delete from EITHER one, a file is deleted from the other. Is there a resolution to this duplication copy sort of reinstalling either Office XP or the operating system? What is this mirror image and how in the world did I get myself into this mess? TIA.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Duplicate documents folder (XP)

Most probably, you didn't mess anything up. It isn't another folder or a mirror, it is exactly the same folder. Windows creates aliases for some of the standard folders. You will also encounter "Shared folders" more than once. As long as you are aware of this, there should be no problem.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The folder "Cocuments and Settings{user name} path" is the real folder, where "My Documents" is a link to the real folder. Each account will have this, this is how the "My Documents" icons and other links will go to the correct folder of the user that is logged in.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Phew! Thanks for the reassurance...thought I was rapidly eating into my drive...