New Lounger
    Thanks

Group/unGroup (P2k)

hey- i Group'd the wrong object & can't get it to group the correct objects. the only option available is "Regroup". i delete the wrong object and setup a new one but still no "Group" for the slide.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Group/unGroup (P2k)

What are you trying to group? PPT won't let you group placeholders. If you copy the placeholder and paste it back on the slide (then delete the original placeholder), you will then be able to group it with other objects.

New Lounger
    Thanks

"What are you trying to group?" nothing special: a text box & autoshape to animate in concert.
    again i got the two items to group but one was the wrong one. i ungroup'd, pointed to the two correct items and nothing. the only option was 'Regroup', the others were grayed out. i tried 'Regroup' but it picked up the wrong item. i deleted the the wrong item and nothing, all options were grayed out.
    i been playiing around w/ the 'Group' on other slides and it's fairly random in when it will 'Group' but constant in not letting me point to new items.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

As Echo is asking... is one of the objects a PLACEHOLDER? You mention a textbox. Is that textbox a PLACEHOLDER?

Those cannot be grouped.

-LennyJo

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you first apply a slide layout, the slide will have what is known as 'placeholders.' You can tell what items are placeholders, because they will say "click to add title," "click to add text," etc. (before you actually click in them and start typing, of course). Those placeholders can't be grouped with other items.