2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP Shortcut Bar (Win2K & Office XP)

Why doesn't my Office Shortcut bar work anymore after installing Office XP? I'm running win2K with sp3. It used to work fine as part of startup and now it doesn't even run when selected right from the Start Menu (where it resides with the rest of the Office XP applications).

Thanks, Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP Shortcut Bar (Win2K & Office XP)

Does Office XP even *have* a shortcut bar? Given the availability of the quick launch section of the Windows taskbar, what's the point of continuing to use the shortcut bar?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have it working with the same configuration at my office. I like it on the desktop -rather than having to crowd my task bar.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes I have the Office toolbar, and have since day one of Office XP and Windows XP Pro. I think if you were to "exit" the toolbar, it will ask if you want it start when restarting the computer. Click yes and it should startup for that account when ever it is logged in. With Windows 2K and XP you will need to do this for each account you want it to run.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

To install Office XP Shortcut Bar, click Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and choose "Microsoft Office XP..." from the list. Then click Change button, on the next screen choose "Add or Remove Features", click Next and locate under "Office Tools" "Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar". Choose "Run from My Computer" and click OK.

Sometimes Shortcut Bar is available for one of the users (Office installer) only. If you want to run Shortcut Bar for all users, right-click Start button and from pop-up menu choose "Explore". Then navigate to Start MenuProgramsStartup, copy "Microsoft Office" shortcut and paste it to Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup.
    Make sure that shortcut has -l switch (for example, "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10OSA.EXE" -b -l ). To check it, right-click shortcut icon and choose Properties | Shortcut tab.