4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reconnecting problem

My wife's and my PCs are networked. If she turns hers on before mine is on she gets an error message "The Following error occurred while reconnecting to XXXXX. Permanent connection not available. Do you want to restore this connection the next time you log on?" She has to click YES. We are both running Windows 98. Before she upgraded to Win 98 she was running Win95 and the OS assumed the answer was YES and continued with the bootup. Can I get Win98 to do the same?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reconnecting problem

I am presuming the XXXXX is a mapped network drive or folder.
    If so, as long as you keep the mapped drive or folder you will get this question.
    I am sure there is a registry hack but do not know of it.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Someone else has supplied me with the answer. "Go to Control Panel/Network icon. Double click on Client for Microsoft Networks within the list. Change the bullet point to Quick Logon." I have done this and it works! Thought I should pass this on.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That was a great idea. Quick log on skips the mapped drives check. Until you try to access a mapped drive it is not searched for by the computer. The only thing to be aware of is that if you cannot access a mapped drive then the problem is probably that the other PC is not on.