Star Lounger
    Thanks

English AutoText becomes Hebrew (Hebrew Word 2000) (2000/SR1)

Has anyone come across the following in Hebrew Word 2000 (or probably any version that supports both Latin and complex fonts)?

1. Enter an English AutoText entry.

2. Select the entry and press Ctrl+Space Bar to remove character formatting.

The English AutoText entry now takes on the default font characteristics of the Hebrew style, eg font size, bold, etc. though the characters are still Latin characters.

If there are captial letters or hyphens in the AutoText entry then the order of the letters can also be rearranged.

Has anyone bumped into this? Does anyone have an explanation?

Fortunately I found an easy workaround -- save the document before pressing Ctrl+Space Bar and then all is well.

Rgds,

David

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: English AutoText becomes Hebrew (Hebrew Word 2000) (2000/SR1)

I don't have a foreign language enabled so I can't test this. It ocurrs to me that when you created the autoext entry, you might have created it with character formatting. The behavior you describe is consistent with that & is to be expected, if you insert it into a paragraph that has the normal style. I assume that the Hebrew style that you mention is simply the normal style in the Hebrew version of Word. You can do one of two things:
    1. Create your autotext entry with no character formatting (use paragraph styles only) & include the paragraph mark. When you do this, you have a formatted autotext entry & it shouldn't change when you press Ctrl+Spacebar.
    2. Create your autotext entry with no character formatting (use paragraph styles only) & DON'T include the paragraph mark. This autotext entry should take on the paragraph style of whatever paragraph in which it's inserted.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: English AutoText becomes Hebrew (Hebrew Word 2000) (2000/SR1)

I don't currently have Right-to-Left language support installed, but I seem to remember that Word has a "very hidden" character that it embeds within a paragraph to show where there is a change in text direction. I think you need to ensure that this character is captured as part of your autotext to prevent the problem you describe.

The standard SHOW ALL in word does not show these characters, you need to go to Tools > Options > (I forget the name of the Tab, something like Left to Right) and set it to be visible there.

StuartR