New Lounger
    Thanks

Function is not available in expressions... (2002)

In order to avoid purchasing multiple copies of Access 2002, I have created an MDE on a W2KPro machine and packaged it using the Office Tools XP Developer Packaging Wizard.

The results were saved on a (Novell) networked drive.

After Setup ran successfully on a different (user) W2KPro machine, I was able to log in, but when a drop down is clicked in which the rowsource includes: Trim([NameLast]) &

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Function is not available in expressions... (2002)

I'm afraid you're out of luck. You need to be able to get into the Visual Basic Editor on the problem machine to inspect and set/clear references.

What you could try: on your development machine, write down all checked references, with the complete path (if you sleect a reference, its path is shown in the lower part of the dialog.)

On the machine that has problems, open Word or Excel (assuming that those are installed), activate the Visual Basic Editor, and see if you can find all references you wrote down, and if their paths are the same. This doesn't solve the problem, but hopefully it gives you an idea what causes the trouble.

New Lounger
    Thanks

There are, indeed significant differences in the references list on the development machine and the target machines.

I'm guessing that I am failing to include some dependency files in my package, but I was under the impression that by scanning the main file - the MDE - that the packaging wizard would include them in the package.

Can anyone recommend how to organize the package so that the dependent files are included and possibly registered?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There will always be differences between the references lists of different machines, but 95% of these differences won't have any impact on your database. What does matter is the small list of references (usually less than 10) that are checked on your development PC. If you can determine which of those are different on the target PC, you might get an idea what should be installed/registered on the target PC to make the database work. If you post the list of differences (only in the ones checked on the development PC), other Loungers may have ideas about what to do.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can't fix references in an MDE, you can only do that in an MDB, compile a new MDE and distribute that. Be sure that all the required files are included in the package, include the MDAC files. Also make sure the the files go into standard locations. References that are in the environment's path should be found, but if the app is installed on a different drive on a target machine, there is no guarantee.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am operating under the assumption that the Packaging Wizard will find dependant files. I pointed the wizard at the .mde file, and the wizard included the OWC10.dll. I did add the .ico and .bmp files.

I am uncertain what set of required files are to be added manually. Is there a document I can be pointed at?
    Attached Images Attached Images