jzavala1

Outlook and 2 Exchange Addresses

hi,

I need to be able to use Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000 for a secretary to check her e-mail as well as her bosses e-mail. How can I set up Outlook to do this?

Thanks,

JZ

patriciac

Re: Outlook and 2 Exchange Addresses

There are a couple of things you can do.

1. Set up separate profiles on the secretary's machine. Have one profile for her and one for her boss. Then all she has to do is exit Outlook in her profile and enter Outlook in her boss's profile.

2. Make her the alternate recipient for her boss, while sending mail both to the recipient and the alternate recipient. Make sure to do both (both are setting in the Exchange Administrator). Then she will get all of her boss's mail in her mail box and he will also get it in his.

3. Give her permissions on his inbox. Go into his Outlook profile and right click on the Inbox. Go to properties and then to the permissions tab. Add her to the inbox as reviewer access (or whatever access level she needs). Click OK. Then go into her Outlook profile and select File, Open, Other User's Folder. Then she can see all of the items in his inbox.

4. Set up a rule on the boss's Outlook to forward a copy of all mail to the secretary.

Post back if you need more clarification or instructions.

jzavala1

Thanks,
    I will look at creating rules in Outlook. I have used them in Outlook Express are they similar?

JZ

patriciac

They are similar. Go to Tools, Rules Wizard to create rules.

Actually the other solutions may work better for you, but rules are the simplest.