3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing ADOX method! (Access 2000 SR1)

Help!!

I have been running some ADO code from Excel 2000 for months, part of which creates an Access database using the syntax
    Dim cat as new ADOX.Catalog

cat.Create "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.4.0 etc etc"

with a reference to ADO Extensions 2.5

Earlier in the week. MDAC 2.6 was applied to my PC as part of SQL Server client tools installation, and now the compiler objects to the cat.Create statement - the Create method apparently no longer exists!!

Can a kindly lounger please explain how I'm now supposed to create access databases dynamically - have I been using an outdated method?

Thanks

Jeremy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing ADOX method! (Access 2000 SR1)

Installing a new version of MDAC probably messed up your references. Select Tools | References... in the Visual Basic Editor. You will probably see one or more MISSING references. Note which ones they are, clear their check boxes and click OK. Then select Tools | References... again, and locate the equivalents of the references you had to clear. Check these, then click OK. Test by selecting Debug | Compile Project.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing ADOX method! (Access 2000 SR1)

Thanks Hans - that did the trick. I must say that a missing reference was the first thing I thought about, but when I looked in the References list, none was marked as MISSING. However, deselecting / reselecting has still solved the problem!!

Jeremy