Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft LRN 3.0 Toolkit (PPT 2000 or 2002)

Does anyone use the Microsoft LRN 3.0 Toolkit? ( located at http://www.microsoft.com/elearn/ ) I thought it would be worth trying, however, it appears to make XML that only Internet Explorer can read. And please, I already know about the save as Web page feature, where you can tell it to save for both Netscape and IE. What we are looking to do is use this toolkit with our Course Management System, but we can't guarantee students are using IE over Netscape, nor should we have to. Can anyone verify the files created are designed to work only with IE?

Thanks in advance,
    TP

Thanks

Re: Microsoft LRN 3.0 Toolkit (PPT 2000 or 2002)

FAQ says "The LRN Toolkit is supported on Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. However, LRN is supported on any platform that supports XML." This implies platforms that IE doesn't even run on.

If you post a sample of the LRN output somewhere, folks who use non-IE browsers can check it out.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft LRN 3.0 Toolkit (PPT 2000 or 2002)

Let me ask more clearly, as I can see the FAQs on their site. A platform is generally an operating system. What we want to know is if the pages created with the toolkit are viewable only with Internet Explorer regardless of the platform, as we are seeing blank pages when using Netscape 4.76 and Netscape 7. We are looking to find this out from someone actually using the software if possible, as we'd like to confirm our findings. The learning toolkit may be supported on multiple platforms, but its output appears to be IE friendly only.

If anyone out there has used the package, we'd like to hear your experience. We tried both the IMS and SCORM output formats, the two standards currently being adopted by many CMS packages.

Thanks in advance.