3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question about viewing Message Header and Rules (Outlook 2000 SR1)

Two questions

1.) How do I view the source / header information behind an email. I'm talking about the dirty code type stuff, not the To: From: and Subject: fields. I know there was a way in Outlook XP - maybe not with 2000.

2.) If you have set up a rule to automatically forward a copy of every email that you receive to a certian person, does/should that forward show up in your Sent Items? I would think yes, but I'm running into an instance where that is not the case.

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Question about viewing Message Header and Rules (Outlook 2000 SR1)

1) "Internet Headers," as they are called in OL2K, can be viewed in the Options dialog (in a folder view, right-click>Options..., with a message open, View>Options...). This is not the complete code of the message, just the complete headers.

If you need to view the whole message in raw form, you can import it into Outlook Express. Best to create a import folder and copy the message into there, because OE simply grabs everything in the target folder, and you wouldn't want to grab the whole Inbox...

2) Not sure.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Another way is to save as a HTML file and then open with a HTML editor, or Notepad.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

2] I believe it should - certainly on my OL XP it does and from memory it did with 2000. You refer to an instance where this is not happening - is this a particular OL setup, or a particular forwarding rule where other rules ARE leaving a copy in the Sent folder?
    (Check under Options that the option to "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" is selected.)

Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

I remember something like this - if I recall rightly (and I may not), server-side responses/forwards did not leave a copy, but client-side ones did. HTH.