Star Lounger
    Thanks

lost address folders (6)

Installed windows xp. imported old address book. lost all folders.( had emai addresses filed under friends, business, etc.) Now they are all in one big clump. Tried copying old address book into proper folder(where current one is located) but it showed no addresses.) Any solution short of refiling eachi of my email addresses in new folders?

Thanks

Re: lost address folders (6)

Hi, Sam ~

Just to get a little better idea, from what program, which version and how did you import old address book? What format did you save the addresses? Is this a '.wab'?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Old address book was also in OE 6. It still exists as a .wab file. The addresses were imported into new OE6 addressbook after installing Windows XP. As I said I also tried to rename existing address book and copy the old one in the same folder but it was not recognized. The addresses are there but all together- not in separate folders as before.

Thanks

Hi, Sam ~

Did you export the address book from old OE before you imported it into the new OE? Also, check 'View' > 'Folders and Groups' to assure they are displayed. Since you just installed XP, there may be things missing.

If not too late, you may need to export as '.csv' file because if the '.wab' file becomes dissociated from the user Identities, the data can only be exported in total - not folder by folder - as in your case per this MSKB.