4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Norton Scheduled Scan

I am running Windows 98 and Norton AntiVirus 2001. I have configured NAV to run a full scan weekly. However, the event does not show up in the Task Scheduler, nor does the scan run when it should. In NAV I have deleted the event and re-installed it , to no effect. Where does the problem lie? With NAV or the Windows Task Scheduler?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Norton Scheduled Scan

Is the task scheduler running on the system? Might sound like a stupid question....but it's easy enough to kill it. I used to hate having that little icon in the tray and would stop the application from running.

Alternately, can you create the task in the Task Manager interface yourself?
    -Mark

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I have an older version of NAV (so I'm not sure it's the same) & use Win 98SE. NAV help specifically said not to use the task scheduler; it had it's own Program Scheduler. When I used it, it did not show up in either the Task Scheduler or the systray. Also, when setting it to run, you couldn't exit out of it...you had to minimize...and it disappeared from view. You should be able to see it if you Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Is it possible that when you set it up, that you didn't put in what drives for it to scan? Also, on mine, the command line is L (not a drive) to scan for viruses.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, Task Scheduler is running in the System Tray. I'm not sure how to go about setting it up in Task Scheduler itself. (Also see Phil Rabichow's comment below.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, I didn't set it up directly In Task Scheduler, I did it in NAV. I have another PC networked here and if, in NAV I delete or recreate a scheduled task, the results show up immediately in Task Scheduler. So it works on one PC but not on the other. This is a recent phenomen, as previously both PCs kicked in at the same time each Saturday night and did a complete scan of the respective hard disks. It is set up in NAV, on both PCs, to do a complete scan of all hard disks.