2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

KeyTick Program Problem (WINOWS XP PRO)

I've been using a little program called KeyTick which adds ticking sounds to the keyboard

I use it purely to warn me when I'm using the Caps Lock

I've just upgraded to WinXP and after re-installing it, I've found that the click sound is no longer synchronised with the key strokes
    There's an excessive delay and later strikes with the Caps Lock selected don't even gett he "click" sound @#$%^

The program came via PC Magazine and was written by Neil J. Reubenking
    It doesn't specically say that it's compatible with WinXP but it is compatible with Win2000 so I'm surprised that it doesn't behave itself under WinXP

Does anyone know if there is a WinXP version available, or can tell me why it doesn't work properly under WinXP and how to fix it !!

Awaiting help

Max Rieper
    mrieper@optusnet.com.au

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: KeyTick Program Problem (WINOWS XP PRO)

Can't answer your KeyTick questions Max, but in XP you have ToggleKeys in the Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Keyboard which will sound tones for Caps Lock.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: KeyTick Program Problem (WINOWS XP PRO)

Yes I'm aware of that facility
    However it only clicks when you change Caps and the sound level/frequency it uses is barely audible to me as I am partial deaf in my old age (72)

KeyTick produces various sounds for various Key/Mouse functions, including a click every time you hit a key when Caps Lock is selected and THAT is what I had set up and had working when I used WIN98 and Win2K but now there's this ca. 1 sec time delay before the click sound occurs @#$%^&*

Any other idea as to why this happens ONLY with WIN XP PRO ??

HELP !!!

Chers n Tears
    Max