Thread: Drive issues

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drive issues

<hr>I do a clean re-install will I be able to take the unpartitioned (and how because I didn't see anything) and add it to C: drive<hr>
    Yes, Windows 2000's setup program will allow you to delete the partition(s) and set up the drive's partition tables the way you want. You'll need to boot with the Windows 2000 CD. If you don't want to go that route, a third-party tool like PartitionMagic will allow you to do so without the additional work.
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

Drive issues

We have a computer that is partitioned and want to change to a single drive due to problems. I am able to remove the D: drive but can't add the unallocated part to the C: or format (NTFS) and the max. on the C: is 2gigs. My question is if I do a clean re-install will I be able to take the unallocated portion (and how because I didn't see anything) and add it to C: drive or what? Any help would be appreciated and thanks.....

New Lounger
    Thanks

This is how I removed the d: drive but I couldn't increase the size of C: drive, unless I missed something. I will try the re-install and see. Thanks..

New Lounger
    Thanks

I tried to re-install and I get a message stating there is not enough space on the c: drive to install and I can't get the unallocated space to go to c:
    I also tried increasing the space in disk management with no luck. So any other suggestions would be great and thanks....

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You'll have to delete all partitions - C: and D: - and then create a new one that takes up the entire amount of space. You won't be able to merge the unallocated space into an existing partiton using setup. Did you try that?
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

We actually had a 98 boot disk and then was able fdisk it and then installed without a problem. Thanks for all the help....