Star Lounger
    Thanks

System 32 Runtime Error 462 (6 SP1)

I am starting a new post on this one. On how my problems started please refer to the thread "Cannot Load IE Window From Graphics URL". I am now getting the following Error message when I begin a web session. In addition my browser hangs a lot, moreso until the error message appears:
    'System 32 Runtime Error 462. The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.'

I have done nothing more to my machine other than what was documented in the first thread.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: System 32 Runtime Error 462 (6 SP1)

Found this Here I will keep looking.
    Also

Error message, 'The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable'

Problem; Using the wizards, when an OLAP server name is entered, and

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! This problem reminds me of the Burl Ives folk song, "I once knew a lady who swallowed a fly." I downloaded and installed DCOM on the advice of Symantec to solve an error message in Norton SystemWorks 2003. Now I have other error messages because of this. Using Google I found a web page with links to Download Dcomcnfg.exe and instructions on how to configure DCOM. The web page is 'http://home.no.net/svbug/oppgaver/dcomcnfg_side2_q.htm.' I installed DCOM but do not have dcomcnfg.exe installed. I don't really need it, except to have solved the SystemWorks problem.

This time when I connected to the Internet, I got a different Error message: 'System 32 Run-time error '91'. I did not get the first message. You have been a big help because I can bring this to Symantec Support's attention.

Banned Member
    Thanks

read this Runtime Error 91 There are many reasons for this Error. Let me know if you get more Info on the Error.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I downloaded the page for future reference and use. This should not be happening. However, as part of my attempts last week to fix Internet Explorer, I tried repairing Office 2000. This may be a by product. Another problem noticed since then are that Internet Explorer is crashing more. One error message from Norton Chrash Guard mentioned a fault in Outlook. I don't have Power Point installed in my system, at least I don't think I have. I didn't install it because I don't use it. I do have some filters installed, however.