Lounger
    Thanks

ref field formatting (2000)

Have created an ASK field then inserted REF couple of times throughout document to display results. The results of my REF's are formatted the same as where the original ASK sits. Have tried applying *mergeformat to either the ASK field then to the REF fields instead, but no matter what the result of the REF field is formatted the same as the location of the ASK field.
    Have tried just selecting the code brackets and it's contents, rather than the paragraph marker, but this makes no difference. Please tell me how i can display REF results in the format of the surrounding text of the REF field - not the ASK field.
    Thank you
    Many thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    Have a great day!
    WebMistress

Thanks

Re: ref field formatting (2000)

After inserting the REF fields, make sure the field codes show the correct "local" formatting. I had good results in my test when I used *
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ref field formatting (2000)

The * mergeformat switch in the ASK field will not affect the REF fields. As Jefferson says, the * mergeformat switch in the REF field will apply the style of the paragraph that it's contained in. However, I noticed in your post that you typed:
    *mergeformat. There is normally a space between the * & the "m", but when I tested it, it made no difference. You might want to select the REF fields & press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any direct formatting.