Star Lounger
    Thanks

List of Access Functions (Access 2K)

Does anybody know where I can get a list of all the Access built-in functions along with a brief description of what they do and the arguments for them in reference manual form (see below)? I'm aware of the list in the build module and the very brief sketch of each function that appears at the bottom of the screen, but this isn't the most helpful when you aren't aware of what each function does or even if one exists for what you want to do. I have several Access books, but none of them have a comprehensive list gathered in one place. A Web site with this information would be really nice.

I'm looking for a list that looks someting like:

Function(arg1,arg2.....)

Function does X and Y to Arg1 and Arg2, where

Arg1 is ............
    Arg2 is ............

Don.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: List of Access Functions (Access 2K)

The best bet I know of is the VBA Help file - it lists all of the functions, as well as methods, object properties and actions. However the initial version of the Help files was more than a little buggy - there is an updated version that can be downloaded from the Microsoft web site. And then of course there is the DAO and ADO Help files which are pretty much separate from the other Help files, and even buggier. I don't keep up on all the Access books, but none of the ones I use have any sort of comprehensive listing. Perhaps someone else can suggest alternative sources in book form or on the web.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by charlotte on 20-May-03 19:28. to activate link)</P>Try:

VB and VBA in a Nutshell: The Languages
    by Paul Lomax, Ron Petrusha (Editor)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nce&s=books

Watch for line wrap in the Amazon address.

HTH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I second that nomination! This book and its companion, Access Database Programming & Design, by Steven Roman, are terrific as quick references.
    Charlotte